Book Theme Soy Candles , Literary Candles for Book Lovers︱Wizardy Buttery Drink 8oz Candle
8 oz Jar, More Details Below
+ We use only natural lead free
+ We use only high quality
for scent and + Soy Wax , Dye , Glass Jar
Ready to ship: 1 – 3 Business Days
Cost to ship Return
8 oz Jar, More Details Below
+ We use only natural lead free cotton wick
+ We use only high quality fragrance/essential oils for scent and + Soy Wax , Dye , Glass Jar
Ready to ship: 1 – 3 Business Days
Cost to ship Return
Spend a snowy weekend in town with your best buds! Give a toast to your recent escapades while the sweet, spellbinding scents of butterscotch and caramel drift among the shops and pubs of your favorite all-wizarding village.
Butterscotch, Caramel, Rum
- Trim wick to 1/4″ before each use.
- Burn no longer than 2-3 hours at a time.
- After use, cover with lid to reduce soot.
- Burn within sight on heat-resistant surface.
- Keep away from kids, pets and all flammable objects.
- Don’t burn all the way down – discontinue use when 1/2″ wax remains.
- See our full list of safety tips!
Soy wax, lead-free cotton wick, fragrance oil, dye chips.
Each item is poured by hand at our Minneapolis shop. Soy wax is renewable, biodegradable, and vegan! Containers are recyclable and reusable.
8 OZ JAR
|Container||Glass w/ aluminum lid|
|Burn Time||40+ hours|
|Volume||8 fl oz|
|Net Weight||14.8 oz|
Current processing time before shipping is 1-2 business days. You will receive a tracking notification once your item has been shipped. Domestic candles and orders over 13oz ship 2-3 Day Priority Mail. Orders under 13oz ship First Class Mail. Items will be shipped via the United States Postal Service.
If you need an item rushed, please message us BEFORE you place your order. We don’t see the “Comments to Seller” until we are preparing your order for shipment, and we do this in the order they were received.
International orders take approximately 2-3 weeks to arrive from the shipment date. We offer the lowest shipping rates available and include an additional discount to help offset the cost for our international customers. Only Available for Canada for the moment.
International orders may have additional customs fees and/or tariffs depending on your country. You, the buyer, are responsible for paying these costs. If you place a large order, taxes are especially high in UK, Germany and Australia – these fees are based on your order total – you can calculate the VAT fee here: http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/ (Use HS Code 3406.00 for candles).
All U.S. orders sent Priority Mail will be insured. Please let us know if you would like to purchase insurance for First Class packages (lighter weight candles and tarts) or for International Orders. We do not require Signature Confirmation, as this is an additional fee. Please contact us before you order if you would like to pay extra to add this service.
Unfortunately, we do not have any more information than you do (or the tracking indicates) once an item is shipped. If there is a problem with your shipment, please contact your local post office and give them the tracking number.
If an item is marked as “Delivered” and you have not received it, follow these steps: 1) Verify the shipping address is correct and that you have a mailbox with your name on it.
2) Check in with anyone else that might have received the package for you (ie. roommate, family member, neighbor etc).
3) Bring the tracking to your local post office to see if they’re holding it or they have any further information.
4) If it has been 21 days after shipment and you’ve done steps 1-3 send us a message to let us know.
Crimson Codex is not responsible for stolen packages or any lost items that cannot have the insurance claimed (tracking labels that read “Delivered”). We are also not responsible for errors made by the Post Office. If your item is delayed past its “estimated arrival date” we apologize, but it is out of our control. We suggest filing a complaint with the USPS. A domestic package must be missing for 21 days with an incomplete tracking record before we can file an insurance claim and resend the order.
Please verify that you have the correct mailing address before placing an order. If a customer has entered incorrect information, they are responsible for additional postage to resend it. If an item is returned to us for any other reason it is up to the buyer to repay shipping fees to have it resent. If you choose not to have it resent we can refund you the cost of the items, but not the original shipping fees.
If your purchase is being sent as a gift, no problem! Simply fill in the recipient’s address in the Shipping section at checkout. We always wrap items nicely in tissue paper and never include the price. Please let us know in the “comments to seller” section what names to include on the “To/From” sticker (don’t forget to include your name – since we don’t see your billing address). Only one address and gift label per order.
Returns & exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don’t accept cancellations
The following items can’t be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
If there has been an error on our part or you have received an incorrect or defective item we will give you a refund or exchange. We accept returns or exchanges for UNUSED, UNLIT candles and tarts. Buyer is responsible for shipping both ways which can be rather expensive ($7-9 each way in the US).
Please realize our candles are novelty items and non-traditional scents. They are our artistic interpretations of fragrances and may not agree with your interpretation. We have created our 2 oz mini candles so you can get an idea of what the smell is like before purchasing a larger candle.
If an item breaks during shipping we will replace it, but do require a photograph of the broken item emailed to us first. Please hold on to the broken item while we file an insurance claim.
Contact us before cancelling an order! It’s easy for us to fix an address or incorrect item.
Please no soliciting! We would love to donate to every blog and charity out there, but we simply can’t. Solicitations will be marked as “Spam” and go unanswered.
• Always keep burning candles within sight.
• Never use a candle as a night light.
• Extinguish all candles before going to bed.
• Keep burning candles away from all flammable objects (furniture, drapes, paper, etc).
• Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
• Trim candlewicks to 1/4″ before each use.
• Burn candles no longer than 1-2 hours at a time.
• Don’t burn a candle all the way down.
• Extinguish the flame if it gets too close to the container.
• For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when ½ inch of wax remains.
• Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too big, smoky or flickery.
• Keep burning candles away from drafty areas, like fans and vents.
• Always use a candle-holder specifically meant for candle use.
• Place the candle-holder on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
• Keep the wax pool free of debris at all times.
• Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
• Never touch or move a burning candle when the wax is liquid.
• Never use a sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder.
• Place burning candles at least three inches apart from each other.
• Use a snuffer to extinguish candles.
• Never extinguish candles with water.
• Be very careful if using candles during a power outage.
This wax melts totally liquid, unlike paraffin wax, and needs to be kept in a container. We recommend a burn time of 1-2 hours to prevent the glass jar from overheating or wax from “tunneling.” Wax has a memory, it’s said, so make sure to let the whole top melt each time you light up. Limit your burning time to prevent the entire candle from liquefying since this could overheat the glass.
Trim and center your wicks! Flames can get out-of-control if the wick is left untrimmed, which leads to flickering, smoke and soot. An ideal wick length is right around 1/4″. A good habit is to trim your wick after you blow out the flame, so it’s ready for next time! Also, wicks can get really awkward to trim with scissors once the candle burns down low in the jar. If you find yourself struggling, it’s time to invest in a wick trimmer!
Our candles are made with the recommended amount of oils by the fragrance suppliers. If you’re having a hard time smelling it, simply put it in a smaller room or get more candles! Our 8oz candles vary in strength, but most will fill a small room with scent, not a large open area. The 2oz candles are not as strong because there is not as much surface area to burn. To make sure you’re not getting used to the smell, you can step outside or shut the room’s door for a while to re-expose yourself to the scent. We use a mixture of both natural and synthetic fragrance oils.
And for Sherlock’s sake, burn the candle! Don’t be afraid to use it up. Soy wax lasts forever (approximately 70 hours per 8oz jar) and it will give off a better throw (strength and distance of smell) when lit!
You might also like
Kat (Royal Oak, MI, US) Oct 20, 2020
This is my favorite scent. Ever. I love it so much. It smells exactly like butterbeer should, butterscotchy and delicious.
Alexis Oct 13, 2020
Lul Oct 13, 2020
Bryce Dueck Sep 29, 2020
Smells amazing, I just ordered a 8oz candle.
Kirren Siewert Sep 22, 2020
Larissa Sep 10, 2020
Maria Froncillo Hyde Sep 9, 2020
Holly Guilfoyle Sep 30, 2020
Jeanne-Irene Zimmermann Oct 8, 2019
Aleisha Norton Sep 22, 2020
I have had my eye on these candles for a while and I am glad I finally ordered a couple! They arrived in some of the best shipping packaging I’ve seen. The candle label is just as cute as it looks online! The scent is potent when smelling the candle but when burning isn’t as strong as I expected but still smells great!